Sunday, December 31, 2006

Wake me up when December ends...

I am officially exhausted.

This month has been so incredibly crazy I have barely had time to blink!
exams...work...playing piano for Christmas...playing piano for a wedding...seeing relatives...trying to catch up with everybody...making time for family.
This has led me to being so busy this month that I woke up this morning and realized it was December 31st...the last day of the year...New Year's Eve. Is this how I want to remember my first New Years event as a non-minor. Not that I would want to get wasted and forget everything and feel like shit tomorrow or anything, but seriously. So here we are, 6:30 pm...not feeling well...at home...deciding if I want to go to the fireworks at Central City and if the bands that will be there are worth $10....being Dutch the answer would be probably not.

But then again...what is so bad spending New years with the siblings? Catching up with my sister that I havent seen for months....playing games...aka schooling them all including my sister's boyfriend ;)...and just having a good time. There's good food, good company, no parents home, and I can sit around in my PJs (the one perk of not feeling well...although I wear pajamas all the time anyway..at home that is...)

So maybe this isnt the most memorable New Year's ever, but it doesn't need to be. Lord willing I will have more.

What if you knew you would die tomorrow? How would you live differently? ...something to think about.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our New Year's Eve rocked! We were having so much fun, we didn't even notice when the clock passed midnight. Okay, maybe I'm exagerating a little, but it sure beat getting wasted. I can't wait to see you in April/May. Let me know when you get your ticket :)