Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Summer is Finally Here!!

I never want to take a summer course ever again! Even though it was just one credit, I found myself putting things off so much to the point that I didnt even study for the final. This class was supposed to be an easy "a", but I'm pretty sure I failed in the attempt of getting one. I think I passed though, so for a physics lab that all I can hope for :)

I'm leaving on a road trip on friday that I'm so stoked for. It worked out that only me and my sister had time off for a vacation (she's a teacher and I can get time off whenever I want at McDonalds..even though they were mad I booked off days, but I need a holiday from that hole of a restaurant sometimes!) so I'm going on a road trip with Cath...for some sisterly bonding. It should be fun. We plan to go down the Oregon coast, and my uncle told us about a great camping location that we think we might stay at while we're down there. It's right by the ocean, but these huge sand dunes block the park from the ocean, so you just have to go over the dunes. and then the park has two lakes! I've never been camping at a place with 2 lakes. But they use one for fishing and boating and the other for swimming, so none of that nasty Eurasian Millfoil (ropey seaweed type stuff) caused by moter boats will be in the swimming lake. Horray!

So, now its just getting all the camping supplies together and loading up the little Honda Civic, and praying I can get through customs at the border. I seem to always have some sort of problems at customs pretty much every time. The worst was the last time I went on a plane. They got mad at me for having lip gloss in my purse even though it was only 10mL of fluid..apparantly any fluid is bad fluid. And then they pulled me aside with my backpack because they thought they found a "foreign object" inside. "Oh that? That's just my mp3 player" take it out, show it to the guy, ok it is safe to let this girl on our plane from Terrace to Vancouver. Like someone is going to hijack a plane with 30 people on it thats flying over the coastal mountains.

But I'm off on friday..and should have tons of fun. And I'll let whoever reads this know how it went!

Bon Voyage!!

Boersma

No comments: