Friday, February 12, 2010

Frustration

It is down to crunch time. The opening ceremonies for the 2010 Olympic Games commence in under 8 hours. Mayhem has ensued. Details are not permitted because you never know who is reading this, but let's just say there's this bus company that isn't cooperating. Gameday has a system to follow and this particular company seems to be the only one that doesn't understand. It's a simple concept really.

1. schedulers outline the routes that need to be driven at what time for events and practices. Done

2. this information is passed on to the companies based on the routes their drivers have been trained on. done

3. Those company supervisors then assign their drivers to the routes. Fail for this one company.

4. Driver's schedules are then passed on to the hotels (ideally in a timely matter). Fail.

I have drivers who haven't done anything except for training since they've been here, 5 days ago. Their names just haven't made the schedule yet. Let the Games begin!

I'm not very good at keeping secrets. They consume me. Actually, it's not that I can't keep a secret, I won't tell anyone, but it takes a lot out of me because I think about it all the time. I often speak before thinking, so in order to prevent myself from blurting out a secret, I need to make sure I'm thinking. Anyways, I got to see the Opening Ceremonies dress rehearsal on Wednesday. It was a Vanoc employee/volunteer invitational and all the headlining acts were there. The hard part is keeping the secret. I am so glad it's tonight, because then it won't be a secret anymore. I'll be free.

When people ask me how it was? It was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know how good it will be on TV because I think the live experience adds to how good a show was, but I definitely recommend watching it. And watch it from the beginning. It starts at 6.

No comments: